The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Wednesday 8 August 2007

More Hanabi, and Patrick.

Hanabi seems like an excuse for everyone to wear yukatas (summer kimonos), drink beer and eat fried chicken (well, okay, maybe I'm the only one who used it as an excuse to eat fried chicken. The chicken was so greasy, it was GREAT) with friends.

So here are some more photos from hanabi.

Some yukatas - 'tis very pretty watching everyone walk around wearing them.

A beautiful sunset - who needs fireworks?



I also saw hanabi a couple of Saturdays ago, with my housemate Jasmine and her friends. Very nice people. The fireworks were amazing! They went for about an hour and twenty minutes, and were the most beautiful fireworks I've ever seen. Much fried chicken and edamame was consumed by all.

Not sure why I'm making this face...

... but I'm not the only one, Jasmine also makes odd faces.


The many strange faces of Tyrone and Jasmine.




Rachel is also quite good at posing (Claire was maybe caught off guard?).


Rachel, Jasmine and Adam - the people I usually go climbing with (I've been thrice now! I'm slowly getting better - overhangs are tricky things.)


Also, finally, here is a photo from the Patrick Wolf concert I went to - the only decent one according to the photographer. Yes, those are lederhosen he's wearing. Isn't that great?


I've been quite busy the last couple of weeks, last week I climbed (okay, walked up) Mt Takao. Yesterday we went to Onjuku Beach, and today we went to Yokohama (where I bought an ocarina!!!). So many photos to sort through. So, will be updating soon.

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

eeeek! patrick! *drools, falls over & passes out*