The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Sunday 9 December 2007

Leaving on a jet plane Pt 2

Last weekend we had Sherman's going-away party, as he'd decided the previous week that he was leaving last Thursday. Big kudos to Mariko for organising it in such a short time!

Group shot:
3 of my favourite gals: Fumiko, Misuzu and Nobu

I love Misuzu because she takes your camera when you're distracted and takes photos like these (from Steve and Carrie's going away party in September):

So we needed more.


The lovely Eriko, who even looks graceful with a mouthful of food (I make it my business to try to catch people at their worst - which just doesn't exist for some people).

Tomoyo and Mariko - wonder organisers and hilarious.

Tomoyo and Fumiko showing us a TV show they watched - those crazy kids ;)


Eriko, Sherman and me.

When I saw Eriko's rocker pose I wanted to try it - I think Eriko pulls it off much better than I, I just look like I'm about to throw up.

Sherman very animated over dinner

Mariko very nearly surprised us all when she unzipped her top - unbeknown to us she had a t-shirt on underneath

Dan and Nobu

Tomoyo interrupting a group photo - but how can you be mad when she's that cute!

Final shot before parting ways

And a final treat - for an explanation of this photo, click on the video below to see Tomoyo demonstrating an important Japanese cultural dance which every Japanese child learns at a very early age :P


No comments: