The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Monday 26 May 2008

Random images from around town

I went to the Tokyo Museum of Contemporary Art on the weekend, this was a neat installation called Reflection (view from above):

And the view from between floors:

Walking back to the train station, I passed a little patch of flowers, from the bridge where I was standing it looked like a painting, and the photo came out the way I wanted it to:


This is my last week at my current school, Makuhari Nishi JHS. I'm really sad to be leaving them, especially my favourite class 1B. Here is a video of 1B singing Sing by The Carpenters. The first attempt was aborted due to their even-more-so-than-usual extra-genkiness.


On the second attempt they were their usual extra genki selves.



Aren't they adorable? I'm going to miss this school :(

Some images from the Makuhari skyline. Every day I pass something I would only expect to see in this country. A love hotel in the shape of a UFO, with a castle-shaped love hotel in the background.



Currently reading: The Battle for God by Karen Armstrong - a history of fundamentalism in religion.
Currently listening to: lots of Björk.