The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Thank you...

... Catherine Deveny, for a fantastic article.

These paragraphs in particular sums up EXACTLY how I've felt since April.

It's been a revelation to me a year since my "epiphany". I feel as if I'm walking through life with the blinkers off. Suddenly all the religious mumbo-jumbo jumps out as so bonkers. Wearing certain things, eating certain things, mumbling certain things at certain times so some imaginary friend will let you into a club in the sky when you die. I want to do my living now, thanks. I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of never having lived.

I don't care what people believe in, but I do care that religion impacts on political discourse, public policy and that it stunts the ability of people to think for themselves and question. And that it kills people and causes suffering. But most of all I care that the invisible electric fences that are wired in the minds of children brainwashed by religion are difficult to remove. And impossible if you don't even know they're there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!

http://www.2think.org/2think.shtml