The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Sunday 4 March 2007

The most wonderful thing happened to me today!

I walked into a crowded elevator, full of people of all ages, and I WAS THE TALLEST PERSON IN THE LIFT!!

That has never happened to me ever!!

Okay, I promise tomorrow night I'll put up a proper post for what I did today - basically I lost my voice, and given a voice is a pretty essential tool in the instruction of English Conversation, I had to call in sick, so decided not to waste a day off and headed into Shinjuku...

Will post more pics tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's:

Me on the 45th floor of the North Tower of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building (said elevator brought me here)

Beaker staring down at the city
and a cool shot of the sun coming through the clouds.

6 comments:

David Barry said...

I WAS THE TALLEST PERSON IN THE LIFT!!
Hehe. Now that I know how you feel about this, I'll endeavour to ensure someone is taller than you whenever you're in a lift with me.

SpacePup said...

damn you dave!!!

but aren't you taller than me anyway?
i'm so confused right now...

David Barry said...

but aren't you taller than me anyway?
Yes. This was the point of my comment. :)

Sweetpea said...

You look smashing voiceless dollface. Beaker looks like he's having a great time... kisses.

SpacePup said...

I thought so, Dave... but wasn't sure - hence the confusion..

Thankees Lavy! If you hadn't told me how to work a scarf I wouldn't have looked nearly as smashing...

Sweetpea said...

scarves can be tricky things... I was sledding down a hill when I was about 7 and my scarf (the long end lol) snagged on a bit of hardened snow/ice as I was going down the hill. Not only did I get choked to fuck, but I got pulled off my sled and my sled went crashing into the trees. Back then sleds were made of wood, and cold dead wood flying and smashing into live, spry wood doesn't take the beating well. No more sled. Stupid scarves. Watch your back babes. LOL