The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Saturday 24 March 2007

Little Earthquakes

So apparently an earthquake of magnitude 4.2 hit the prefecture of Saitama (just north of Tokyo) on Wednesday around 10:30am, and it was felt in Tokyo, with some buildings shaking. It was not felt by Tyrone though. Oh no, he was sleeping. Just like when it snowed. This is becoming a pattern.

On Sunday night we had the work party at a local izakaya (so local in fact it's three floors below work). I had a great time, got lots of photos, but can't upload them yet as my internet is being stupid. So next time I post I will have lots of photos of yummy food, and general craziness courtesy of everybody from work. No karaoke or Kate Bush this time (alas), but I did try hot sake!

Since this entry has a Tori title, I'd better include something about Tori. So here it is: I present to you a picture of the American Doll Posse, the 5 characters from whose perspective Tori will be singing on her new album. From left to right: Santa, Clyde, Isabelle, Tori and Pip.

I love it, and I love the concept. The Tori character appears to be a caricature of herself (with the chicken, and the previously released picture I featured earlier), it would make me so happy to see that she's capable of making fun of herself. Damn the next 5 weeks are going to be hard to get through - I want the album now! Leaks are starting to appear on the net, but I'm going to be strong and resist till I have the album in my hands... probably.

Side note: I wonder if I'll be able to work the other album titles into my blog? I don't really mention Pele (the volcano) very often, so that'll be tough, unless I happen to make a trip to Hawaii.

Also, the album cover for Bjork's new album has been revealed... oddness. But I can't wait to hear it! I really hope she tours here.


On Monday I'm travelling outside of Tokyo for the first time since I got here! I'm catching the Nozomi shinkansen (the fastest of the bullet trains) from Tokyo at 7:13am to Osaka, and will spend three days in the Kansai area. For the rest of Monday I'll be exploring Osaka and hopefully catch up with Kevin, on Tuesday I'll go for a day trip to Kyoto and then on Wednesday I'll take a trip to Kobe (both Kyoto and Kobe are only about 30 mins from Osaka by train). I'm staying all three nights in Osaka, and on Thursday I catch the shinkansen (a slightly slower one) back to Tokyo, arriving in Tokyo just before 2pm and starting work at 4:05pm - haha will be a pretty tight schedule! But Japanese public transport (at least the trains) is so reliable, I don't think I'll have any troubles. But I'll be out of internet contact from Monday till late Thursday.

Finally, I wanted to say (in mint green writing)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLIE!!!

Listening to: sigur rós - untitled 8 - popplagið (the pop song)

1 comment:

Hewhoblogs said...

Since no one else cares I'm willing to comment here.

At the beginning of his career George Orwell called himself a "Tori Anarchist", is this the came Tori?