The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Monday 30 April 2007

Sara's birthday - and matcha!

A couple of weeks ago it was my friend Sara's birthday - to celebrate we went to a Mexican restaurant in Motoyawata called the Crazy Cactus. I didn't realise how much I was craving Mexican food until I nearly passed out from excitement at the mere mention of tacos. So anyway, I had a great time, found out that strawberry pina colada's are the best drink in recorded history and satisfied my Mexican craving.

Here are some photos from the night, thanks to Sara!

Stevo, Carrie, the birthday girl Sara and Sherman

Me with Carrie and Sara - aren't we all cute?

The reason I look so ummm, "special" in this photo is because Stevo decided to tickle me just as the photo was taken.

Again with the tickling

I'm not really what we were raising our fists to here... Whatever it was we look happy...

Also, I've had an exciting week as far as tea is concerned - yesterday I found out that the foreign food store at Nishi-Funabashi station sells chai tea (you have no idea how much I've been craving chai), and last week I bought matcha. Here is matcha:

"mmm yum" i hear you all say! Well yes, it is very nice. Kinda tastes like grass, kinda creamy, all delicious!! Haven't tried slurping it through a Tim Tam yet (which I also found in the last week), but the Japanese put matcha in everything! You can buy matcha ice cream, matcha cakes, matcha doughnuts, matcha iPods (okay, maybe not, but I'm sure it's not too far away).

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

I've had matcha cookies...

SpacePup said...

ooh i keep meaning to try them.. did you like them Lavy?

Sweetpea said...

I did. I still get em every now and then down at the little asian grocery down the road - they are creamy and go very well with black tea ;)