The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Tuesday 6 February 2007

Hola from Singapore Airport!

Singapore Airport is enormous!! It feels like it's own little town - you can tell they really strive to make the airport as comfortable as possible for everyone who has to stop over there. They have many free internet stalls, massages (which I didn't get the chance to use - silly me) and of course, duty free shops... Good lord I bought so much chocolate... Why the hell did I buy so much chocolate?! At the end of my 3 hour stopover in Singapore I'd bought an adaptor plug from 3 plug Aus/NZ to 2 plug Japan, and... 1 bar of Swiss chocolate, 1 bar of Nestle Dark chocolate, 1 small fancy looking bar of chocolate - it was covered in a gold cardboard, it looked like it would've been delicious - and three Hershey bars, as I wanted to have some American chocolate again, the last time I had it was three years ago when Samantha brought some back from her trip. Add to this the chocolate heart Mum gave me before I left, and the Caramello Koala's I bought at Brisbane, and that makes a lot of chocolate! So far I've eaten the chocolate heart, the little gold bar, and most of a Hershey's bar... plus I gave my American housemate a Caramello Koala, as I thought he might like to try some Australian chocolate (since someone, not mentioning any names Mindy, said they looked delicious, but couldn't be bought in the US).
So in summary... anyone want any chocolate?


I ended up running into Chris and Christie - a couple that I had some lessons with back in Brisbane - in the airport - they'd flown to Singapore last Friday to spend some time there before flying into Tokyo with us. They're really nice, and we'll be living quite close to each other.

Ooh! I also had Snapple - Ayla, you were right.... it is very good... I had the Strawberry and Kiwi juice.... I think I drained the bottle in about 15 seconds...

another thing... some of the guards at Singapore Airport were walking around carrying semi-automatic rifles... very disconcerting. You know how you somehow walk extra carefully when you walk past police in Brisbane - police who've maybe got a handgun, and in summer wear those ridiculous looking shorts? Well, you breathe extra carefully when you see these guards walk past.

Anyway, here are some photos from the trip to Singapore...

Beaker sitting in his cupholde- uh, I mean, seat...


Beaker resting by a rock at Singapore Airport (it was a very exhausting trip...




A fish pond with enormous Japanese fish, at Changi Airport



Pretty flowers by the pond.


AAAH!! It's a giant beaker on the wing of the plane!


Flying over central Australia


Sunset over the wing of the plane


I wanted to get a photo of the guards with the guns... but well, you know, for some reason I didn't want to offend them.

No comments: