The adventures of Tyrone in Tokyo and beyond...

Sunday 30 September 2007

Holiday... Celebrate...

Since I've now used a Madonna lyric as a post title I must destroy this blog. However, before I do that, I'm going to Kyushu on vacation. Hence the celebration.

I leave ridiculously early tomorrow morning, and fly into Fukuoka around 10am.
I'll spend Monday and Monday night in Fukuoka/Hakata, then head down to Nagasaki on Tuesday morning, spending the rest of the day there. On Wednesday I'm heading out to Unzen, where I will hopefully climb to the peak of Fugen-dake, the peak of Unzen-dake that erupted in 1991. I'll return to Nagasaki on Wednesday night, spend most of Thursday wandering around Nagasaki some more, before heading back to Fukuoka on Thursday afternoon and flying back to Tokyo on Thursday night.

It's going to be a crazy busy few days, I've got a list of food my students have recommended I eat: Hakata ramen, mentaiko (cod roe), castella and champon, to name a few.

My accommodation is quite cheap - in Fukuoka I'm staying at a youth hostel (VERY cheap), while in Nagasaki I'm splashing out and staying in a ryokan. All up my accommodation for three nights will come to less than ¥10,000, which means more money to spend on delicious regional food!!

Anywho, I'll be back in a few days with many photos (and possibly a couple of extra kilograms).

----------------
Now playing: Fiona Apple - Waltz (Better Than Fine)

1 comment:

Nini said...

Cod Roe is delicious if you like salty fishy things. I don't like fishy things and I love it.

Unless they make it differently in Japan to Sweden, which come to think of it is very likely...